The dashboard (built on Laravel) that allows processing arbitrary PDF files, with a help of NLP system, to analyze and determine various data points, and the section for the analysis results overview:
The homepage. Represents the table with several columns:
- Link to the original PDF file (possible to either view or download it).
- Speaker’s name.
- Speaker’s political party.
- Sentiment score of the speech.
- Link to the detailed results overview (contains the pieces of the paragraphs that have been processed through NLTK and the sentiment scores breakdown).
- The page with the list of the speakers. Clicking each name leads you to the page with the detailed information about each speaker (his short biography, political party, years in Senate and so on).
- The page with the file upload form. Allows uploading the new files for further processing through NLTK.
This was not an ordinary project, as it required an advanced level of expertise and a non-standard approach. Nevertheless, it had been successfully driven to completion by the team of experienced developers and had fulfilled the high expectations of the person who really needed this system to conduct his thorough research successfully.